Human Resources Assistant
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This part-time position is an integral part of the Human Resources team. Provides administrative/clerical support to one or more areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to benefits, compensation, personnel records, recruiting, etc. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
- Promptly answers and responds to, or routes as appropriate, calls received on the main Human Resources telephone line.
- Promptly responds to calls received on the Human Resources verification telephone line. Completes written and verbal verification of employment. Forwards lender verification requests to finance. Maintains verification of employment files.
- Provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Greets and assists incoming applicants and guests. Provides interviewees with requested assessments and communicates with appropriate HR team member of arrival.
- Maintains personnel files, including creation of new files, ongoing maintenance of existing files, scanning, handling of files for terminated employees, and merges files received from management Requests files that are offsite as needed.
- Orders and coordinates distribution of awards to appropriate HR Generalist and Payroll to ensure proper bonus amounts are paid in a timely manner.
- Distributes mail and incoming faxes.
- Orders office supplies as needed or requested.
- Maintains and tracks background checks and drug screens.
- Prepares physician manuals.
- Checks references for potential candidates.
- Schedules phone screenings and/or interviews.
- Coordinates announcement of parking garage vacancies and notifies payroll of any changes.
- Orders and tracks floral arrangement sent on behalf of organization. Works with finance to approve vendor invoices.
- Orders and distributes new and replacement name badges from vendor.
- Runs weekly and monthly birthday reports. Prepares monthly employee birthday cards. Mails cards weekly.
- Orders printer supplies. Places service calls and ensures timely resolution. Returns used supplies to vendor.
- Assists Benefit Manager with monthly bills.
- Places and tracks completion of facilities requests for department.
- Adheres to all company policies, including but not limited to, OSHA, HIPAA, compliance and Code of Conduct.
- Regular and dependable attendance.
- Follows the core competencies set forth by the Company, which are available for review on CMSweb.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Runs and emails reports.
- Assists department team members with special projects, distributions, events, etc.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or GED. Two (2) or more years of administrative/clerical experience required.
Preferred: Some college coursework helpful. Experience performing Human Resources related functions preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn current local, state, and federal employment/labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Detail oriented; accuracy is essential.
- Ability to bend, reach and/or stoop in order to file documents.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to engage others, listen and adapt response to meet others’ needs.
- Ability to align own actions with those of other team members committed to common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to understand, recall, and communicate, factual information.
- Ability to understand, recall, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Office Management
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now