Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
The part-time Staffing Coordinator is responsible for all of the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orienting and placement of all Personal Assistants for the agency. Together with the Care Manager, he/she supervises PA’s to ensure that agency policies and procedures are being adhered to and implements the appropriate corrective action when necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Staff cases with competent PA’s who are a good match for the client based on information gathered from the Care Manager, such as locating a PA who matches:
- The skill level and certifications needed to properly care for the client;
- Proper state licensing (if required)
- Geographical location of PA and client;
- Availability that works for both parties whether it be hourly or “live-in”.
- Maintain an accurate and current schedule of services for all clients in the management software.
- Continually recruit and hire new employees to maintain a pool of eligible PA’s.
- Create and post-employment advertisements.
- Review PA applications and Personality Assessment results.
- Verify work and personal references for all PA’s.
- Conduct all PA interviews.
- Conduct all in-person orientations for all eligible-for-hire PA’s to include:
- Completed paperwork;
- Verification of skills and training;
- Orienting to current policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all criminal background checks are ran on PA’s before they are placed on a client’s case.
- Ensure that PA personnel information is up-to-date. Such as phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, availability, certifications, onsite evaluations, safety meetings and performance reviews. He/She must contact PA’s to request current information and copies of current certifications.
- Act as a liaison for the PA’s with the agency by developing a good rapport with them and caring for their well-being. Listen to any concerns they may have and take action if necessary. Call the PA’s to make sure things are going well on cases and that they feel supported by the agency.
- Evaluate PA’s on a periodic basis and perform an annual formal review that includes an on-site evaluation. Keep a record of their assessments in their personnel file.
- Contact PA’s placed on assignment each month to inquire about safety concerns and complete and file the appropriate forms if necessary. If PA’s disclose any safety concerns, work with the Care Manager or Administrator to resolve them.
- Communicate with the clients and families about concerns with PA’s or changes in scheduling or staffing.
- Document events in computer software and ensure that all staffing issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with the Administrator and administrative support staff to make sure operations in the agency run smoothly.
- Maintain the agency’s status as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Keep the Care Manager and Administrator aware of staffing and PA issues.
- Provide back-up for the Care Manager, including but not limited to: conducting Client-PA introductions, assessments, dropping off care plans and process client paperwork.
- Follow up on any duties that have been delegated to ensure the duties are being properly carried out.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Be cross-trained in other roles of the agency to be able to assist as needed and directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of office and supervisory experience.
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with client and/or support network.
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to problem solve and apply good judgment based on the principles of sound management.
- Able to supervise and schedule other employees.
- Basic computer knowledge to include data entry and word processing.
- Be able to self-direct.
- Possess superior time and energy management skills.
- Be willing to learn HR policies.
- Be willing to learn about client care issues and care giving skills.
- Be professional in appearance, phone and office demeanor.
- Pass a criminal background check (national and any required by state).
- Willingness to fill in for basic Personal Assistant in case of call-ins
- Understanding and use of Clear Care technology platform a plus.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Recruiting Coordinator
- Office Management
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now