Payroll/ Human Resources Administrator
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
The part-time Payroll/ Human Resources Administrator will serve as the location’s primary human resources contact in full service account. The incumbent will be involved in recruiting, pre-hire process, new hire orientation, payroll administration, all employee record keeping, the exit process and other HR duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting- Will recruit for hourly candidates by running ads, participating in job fairs and other various recruiting/ sourcing activities. Will screen candidates for the minimum criteria for the job either over the phone and/or in person. Will follow interviewing criteria and guidelines as established by state and federal laws, the Human Resources Department and the Account Director. Does not make hiring decisions but refers qualified candidates to on-site management staff for hiring decisions.
- Pre-Employment and New Hire Process- Facilitates all pre-employment requirements for new hire offers. Complies offer letter based upon Director authorization and communicates company benefit information. Submits background checks following policies and procedures. Gains approval on flagged background checks before proceeding with new hire process. Coordinates location physical and drug testing appointments and follows up to ensure these pre-employment items are completed with success.
- Employee New Hire Orientation, Training and Benefits- Schedules and coordinates new hire employee orientation and training. Ensures that all paperwork is completed within first 3 days of hire. Works with management team to conduct orientation and training as needed. Ensures that all employment policies are made available to employees and supports managers’ communications on these policies/procedures. Facilitates benefits enrollment when employee us eligible and when requested by benefits department.
- Payroll Administration and Processing- Will ensure all payroll hours for all hourly staff are updated on a bi-weekly basis utilizing TeamFin. Will make changes in team system only with authorized by employee and/or manager to do so and according to payroll policy. Must meet strict payroll processing deadlines and follow up on payroll errors as needed. Works with onsite management staff to set up timesheet review process prior to payroll to minimize errors and get employee/management approval. Submits manual payroll check request to Home Office as needed.
- Employee Termination Process- Ensures any involuntary termination is reviewed and approved by Human Resources. Ensures exit process is followed and items collected upon termination with the company. Completes termination process according to payroll policy and state requirements regarding involuntary and voluntary terminations. Works with management to coordinate exit process and ensure exit interview is completed.
- HR Policy and Guidance Compliance- Stays current with and provides management team with forms and policies with regard to disciplinary action, worker’s compensations, company leave process/ procedures, performance evaluation process and Human Resources policies. Updates TeamFin as needed and requested. Conducts employment verifications as requested following established HR guidelines. Follows up and submits all leave, unemployment and disciplinary paperwork to Home Office Human Resources.
- Employee Record Keeping and HR Forms Maintenance- Maintain employee file at account location as required. Maintains all I-9 original documentation at location. Updates TeamFin and wage analysis when employees are hired and/or change status. Stays current with Human Resources forms. Makes available to on site management team.
- HR Assignments/Projects- Assists with HR assignments and projects as needed .This includes but is not limited to Benefits and 401K open enrollment, participates in conference calls, conducting research and investigations when requested, gathering employee signatures on new and updated policies, employee communications as directed by the Director and/or Human Resources etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- 2-4 years of Human Resources experience, previous payroll processing experience, HR certification- Not required, but preferred.
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- High school or equivalent
- Human Resources: 1 year
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Recruiting Coordinator
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now