Sr. Sourcing Specialist
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Provides skilled assistance in the strategic sourcing of goods, equipment, or services for the district. Demonstrates technical procurement knowledge of a broad spectrum of commodities and services. Works as an integral member in the management of strategic sourcing events and supplier relationships.
Provides strategic and innovative contributions to the sourcing process and business operations of Purchasing Services. Works closely with team members to facilitate discussions on new ideas and ways of conducting sourcing events that will result in cost savings and improved overall value for the district.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Sr. Manager, Procurement in strategic sourcing events (district bidding) including contract negotiations, development of request for proposals, and implementation of supplier contracts and agreements.
- Proactively identifies sourcing and contract value opportunities and examines existing contractual relationships within the district to identify best practices.
- Demonstrates proficiency in procurement guidelines and ensures current and continued compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors supply markets, conducts market intelligence, and utilizes information obtained to develop sourcing event elements, comprehensive reports, and presentations
- Collaborates with suppliers, group purchasing organizations, and other higher education institutions to assess emerging spend aggregation opportunities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
5 to 7 years Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in contracting, supply chain management, and/or materials management. Comprehensive understanding of strategic sourcing processes and elements.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Recruiting Coordinator
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now