Benefits and Compensation Manager
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a part-time position.
You have exceptional relationship building and customer service skills and a reputation for excellence. You are driven with a strong desire for personal growth and professional success and have no problem rolling up your sleeves to achieve success. You are proud of what you do but are never satisfied with good enough and want to be a valuable contributor to a collective success.
As the Benefits & Compensation Manager, you will be responsible for administration of employee benefits, providing guidance and assistance to employees when needed, and ensuring up to date regulation compliance. This role will be responsible for onboarding and overseeing 800+ employees in the client’s 6 facilities in Houston, Beaumont and Baytown. As the ideal candidate we seek, you must have experience working for an organization of a similar size along with at least 5+ years of experience in benefits management and exceptional customer service skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers employee benefit programs such as retirement plans, medical, dental, short and long disability and life and AD&D plans, COBRA, FSA, and various Leaves of Absences
- Collaborates with broker to resolve coverage issues and ensure plan design
- Ensures company compliance with provisions of all benefit and retirement plans
- Prepares reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as IRS, DOL, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies
- Serves as the primary contact and resource for plan vendors and third party administrators
- Manages annual open enrollment including communication to employees and entering/sending enrollment data with all vendors; including managing on line enrollment system
- Analyzes and report cost estimates/ projections and other relevant statistical data relating to modifications in benefit programs and recommend cost containment plan design strategies
- Provides necessary financial data to assist in preparing budgetary recommendations and presentation materials
- Oversees, audits and reconciles the processing of monthly billings, including COBRA, and the preparation of ACH & wires for payment and administrative fees for all group plans
- Leads 403(b) and 457 administration and coordination of quarterly review meetings
- Manages compensation data, works with recruiting providing consultation for job offers and promotions
- Ensure the compensation data is current with market data, completes external compensations surveys when needed
- Seeks out additional venders when needed or when updating compensation data
- Coordinates data for incentive or bonus programs and serves as the main contact program questions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- 3-7 years of experience in managing and auditing benefit plans; must be able to clearly communicate information regarding benefits to employees. CEBS certification a plus
- Ability to demonstrate sound business judgment, integrity and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written), including ability to simplify and communicate complex information
- Ability to organize projects, meet deadlines and handle multiple demands, all while paying strong attention to detail
- Computer literacy required, including advanced knowledge of Windows Office and Outlook particularly intermediate to advance skills with Excel
- Must be knowledgeable with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Non-profit experience and 403(B) experience preferred
- Experience with self-insured plan vs fully insured health plan
- Familiar with rules and regulations with full time and part-time staff
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now