Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
A company is seeking a part-time Payroll & Benefits Administrator to be responsible for administration of human reserouce information, payroll processing, and employee benefit administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
- Manage the human resources Information to ensure employee data is correct at all times. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Compensation Data
- Employee Status
- Payroll processing
- Obtain approval on all employee status changes.
- Transmit payroll and employee status changes prior to deadline.
- Ensure timely distribute of 1095-C, W2’s and any other tax forms.
- Complete monthly accrual reporting.
- Ensure leave of absences are tracked appropriately in HRIS.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments and staffing approvals.
- Oversee complete benefits program.
- Maintain employee enrollment data in all benefit databases
- Review data files for accuracy
- Manage Affordable Care Act (ACA) tracking.
- Monitor part-time employee hours for benefit eligibility.
- Ensure all regulatory and required notices/ disclosures are distributed to staff via applicable means.
- Notify employees on benefit plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Submit annual retirement plan data to carrier.
- Participate in retirement plan and benefit broker meetings.
- Review 5500 (related to 401(k) plan) for accuracy.
- Educate employees on the use of retirement plan website.
- Coordinate staff retirement plan training.
- Coordinate monthly retirement plan enrollment.
- Maintain employee status in online retirement plan website.
- Recommend cost effective benefit plan ideas.
- Prepare and distribute monthly Wellness Connection e-newsletters to all employees.
- Manage annual open enrollment period each year.
- Assist in resolving benefit discrepancies
- Ensure employee benefit deductions are correct in payroll as well as employer contributions.
- Strive to ensure employees understand the benefit programs by, regularly generating communications, contributing to the HR Landing page and counseling employees as situations arise.
- Resolve employee complaints related to health and other benefits plans.
- Manage the leave of absence program.
- Assist in the completion of FMLA (and other types of leaves of absences) paperwork for employees.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA,HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ADAAA, Workers Compensation, Medicare, and Social Security, etc.
- Serve as a back up to the Sr. HR Generalist, including cross training in critical task areas.
- Remain current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive and technology environment, which may affect human resource functions.
- Ensures human resources materials are in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 3 years of work related experience.
- In lieu of degree, Associate’s degree with 8 years of work related experience will be accepted
- Certified Payroll Professional is required.
- Professional HR certification from the Human Resources Certification Institute or the Society of Human Resources Management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Valid Texas driver’s license is required.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now